Friday, January 4, 2008

WHACK!

So today would not place me in the "Mother of the Year" category by any stretch. It was in fact one of those days where every inch of my patience was stretched to the limits and snapped. The boys and I were out running errands. We stopped at the health food store to pick up a couple items. We went to the Bible book store where I purchased an "Inspirational" calendar to hang on my wall in the kitchen. Keeping track of the boys in a store is always a challenge. Full of "Don't touch that", "Stay with Mommy", "Put that down", " Don't put that in your mouth", " I don't know where the Bathroom is?!"....
After purchasing the devotional calendar, we left the bookstore. I fastened each wiggly child down his car seat. Clicked each button, tightened each strap. It's a process! I drive a Rodeo...so all three boys sit in a row, right next to each other.
The adventure starts here. As we pull out of the parking lot, JD and Caleb start fighting. I'm now in traffic. The fighting escalates. I can't pull over. My threats and demands to stop it... fall on deaf ears as they SCREAM at each other. So, I do what any loving christian mother would do. I roll up my newly purchased "Inspirational" calendar and whack both of my boys on their little noggins! They stopped screaming at each other and looked at me in disbelief. Only then did I realize that cars were honking at me. Evidently the light had turned green and I was still stationary. I sheepishly put down my wonderful spiritually uplifting calendar...and prayed that no one took down my license plates to call DHS.
Oh Lord....please help me!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Where is mom's day out when you need it?? I've been the same way lately...why do those teachers think they can have a break?!? LOL! At least it's only 3 days away!!
Rachel

My Daily Circus said...

yesterday i came to a complete stop in the middle of a street and yelled NO ONES IS TO TALK UNTIL WE GET HOME!!! as the Buuuuuttt mooom's came I SCREAMED NAAAHHH! TIME OUT FROM TALKING! i must have had the look of death on my face, it was silent the whole way home till Erik yells...NO! no! and the girls looked at each other like oh, he is going get it! lol those are the moments we get sometimes!

leigh ann said...

ok, so...i can't even tell you how many of those moments i have had and how many i am STILL having. it'll be ok. (right?)

Unknown said...

I too just lol!!! I can so identify. I hate that I can, but I can on a daily basis. I just love how you told the story, cuz' I felt like I was there ready to roll the calendar up myself ;)

tori said...

ok i don't know you. but i found you when searching for others in OK. i noticed that you like beth moore bible study, and i just wanted to say that our church is offering one starting next weekend. your blog is very cool. feel free to check out mine.....

tori

Unknown said...

Oh, that is really funny, girl!