Thursday, January 3, 2008

2008=Surrender

It's 2008. A new year always brings me a strange mix of emotions. I'm excited...it's a new year...fresh with no mistakes in it. I'm hopeful...so many new experiences await. I'm a little intimidated....what struggles that I have now will I still be battling with next year? I'm determined...I want to live life to the fullest...to really enjoy my kids...my husband...my life.

Yet, experience tells me that I truly have no control. There is no guarantee that I will even be here at this time next year. I have no guarantee that my husband or children will be here this time next year. Jobs can change, life can take drastic turns. We cannot control or manipulate our circumstances to avoid pain. It is a part of our story.

As I look towards the year 2008, the word "surrender" seems to fit. I need to surrender to the Lord. Trust him. He gives and he takes away. I need to surrender both my dreams and my fears. In surrender there is rest. In surrender there is hope. In surrender there is strength. Father.....I surrender.....

No comments: