Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Sitting at dinner last night, JD looked at me and said ..."Mommy....Jesus thinks I'm special and God loves me too". Then he calmly went back to eating his spaghetti. I was struck with fact that at three years old, he accepts as normal that the God of the universe loves him and thinks he's special. There was no pretense, no fancy self glorification. He was just simply stating the fact that he is loved and he is special. I long for him to keep that simplicity. Our world so soon will start chipping away at him' telling him he is "not good enough". Unknowingly, we as parents mar that image as well. Voices from many sources will tell him he is not worthy of such love, that he must earn it. Lord, keep his heart soft. Let him know that there is nothing he can do to make you love him anymore...or any less. May he see himself the way you do. May he always know that he is loved...and you do think he is special.

No comments: