Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Fixed Cars, Burgers and Good Friends

I have much to be thankful for today. Our friends Keri and Jake Lyon came over for dinner tonight. While they were over, Jake took a look at our Tahoe and was able to get it running again! Yeah...I'm not home bound anymore! I've gotten to know Keri through our church and she is also in the Bible study I attend on Tuesdays. Keri has been amazingly generous to me. She has passed down a TON of clothes to me...which I have gladly accepted. It's been like Christmas on several occasions. She has GREAT taste, and it's been fun to have some great new clothes. Tonight she also brought over a CASE of formula. Nate has not had a ton of formula yet..but his day is fast approaching...and formula is like liquid gold. I'm so grateful.
I have so enjoyed getting to know Keri. She has a great heart for God and an obsession for Starbucks....a great combination for any friend of mine! She and Jake have two kids. Anna who is 3 and Bo who is almost 1. We have commiserated over sick kids this winter...(thought I think she wins the prize..) We also share the history of having moved WAY TO MUCH. We are both so glad to be settled in one place for awhile. She truly has been a blessing, I'm so greatful to have her in my life. God is good.
Feel free to check out her blog...its in my list of blogs... listed as "The Lyon Family"..

1 comment:

Keri said...

Wow! What a smiley surprise, to browse the net right before bed and find a little article about me! Little ole me...thanks Connie and right back at ya.