Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Do you hear Jay Leno...or Jesus?

The day is almost done. The final load of laundry is in the dryer. Monty is home from work. The day is winding down. I'm greatful tonight for quiet. The time when everything is "off" and the noise of the day is done. So often I leave the TV on for "noise", but why is that? Do I really need more "noise" in my life? I think not. I think its just a clever design to keep me distracted from the important. The Lord speaks to us in a "still, small voice..." How sad is it that he has to compete with Jay Leno most nights! Do I really want Jay's words to be the last ones on my mind before I go to bed...or Lord...Do you have things you want to talk about and I can't hear you because of all the noise! Lord...help me to relish the quiet...and in the midst of it...hear you.

No comments: