Sunday, November 18, 2007

Raul Rodrigez is my hero



The first weekend in November, I went to Baylor University to visit Mary Zane. It was a great trip. I packed up the three kids and we drove the 6+ hour drive (more like 8+ with kids) to Waco, TX. It was homecoming weekend and we got to take part in a lot of the festivities. We went to the parade, the football game and we got to go to church at MZ's church. (this was a special treat because David Crowder is their worship pastor...nice! )


Saturday afternoon, we had loaded up the kids and were heading to the football game. I had placed my wallet on the roof of our vehicle while I buckled in the three kids. About halfway to the game, I realized that we had driven off with my wallet on top of my car. Not good. The wallet had my cash, my debit/credit cards....everything. I now had no way to pay for our hotel, for food, for gas....not good. We retraced our path...no luck. I called Monty and had him start calling card companies etc. In the mean time, MZ and I decided to head to the game. Baylor got stomped by Texas Tech, but it was fun anyway.


On the way back from the game, I decided on a whim to call the police. Just to see if a good Samaritan had turned in my wallet. As a matter of fact, a man named Raul Rodriguez turned in my wallet with all the cards in tact. The cash was gone...so I guess Raul got a $15 finders fee. Either way, he's still my hero.

No comments: