Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Don't miss the Moon

Last week, my friend Wendy was out for a jog. She lives in the Denver area, so I can imagine the crisp fall evening that Colorado is famous for. She has a specific route she jogs. It's mapped out so she knows how far she's gone etc. This particular evening, as she was heading down the same street that she always jogs, she felt a prompting to head down a different street. She started to shake it off...and do her normal routine. However, she said... "OK Lord, I'll go down this street.." As she turned the corner, she was greeted with a spectacular view of the moon, rising up over the horizon. She stopped dead in her tracks, taken with beauty before her.

She was struck with the fact that God prompted her to turn, just so he could show her the moon. It was a precious moment between Father and daughter.

Lord...help me listen. Help me not be caught up in my daily life to the point that I miss the moon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

May we all be sensitive to His Spirit within!!!

Mimi said...

Hi Connie, It is Carolyn Churchill writing. I found your blog through Rachel's and enjoyed catching up on your recent days. It has been awhile since we have chatted!! You are a busy mom who has learned to look for the important things. Let's listen and look at the moon together!!

Dina said...

Hmmm I love when God does this!