Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ice Ice Baby....


It's been a crazy few days here in the Johnson home. We got a huge ice storm over the weekend, and the city is still trying to recover. All of the local schools are going to be closed for a third day. JD and Caleb have ear infections and pink eye, Nathan is just starting to get sick. I love my house, but man are these walls starting to close in on me. I got out today for the first time since Friday. We took an exciting trip to the Doctor. Woo Hoo.

Though I have been cooped up with sick children, I can honestly say I am thankful for a warm house. We lost power for a few hours on Sunday, but thankfully it came back on after a few short hours. There are thousands of people in neighboring communities are still completly without power. I can't imagine enduring an extended power outage with small children...

I'm also thankful for our woodburning stove. We've kept it going almost non-stop. It really cranks out the heat. We even heated up our dinner on it during our short power outage on Sunday night. I felt very "Little House on the Prairie-ish". (Complete with "Pa" who was outside chopping wood)

No comments: