Saturday, May 19, 2007

Purple Dinosaur


Did you know that God cares about the smallest detail of your life? I sometimes lose sight of that. But today, I was reminded of that in a purple dinosaur kind of way. Let me explain.


We have wanted to get the boys a sandbox. Yet, I just could not justify going out and spending $40-$80 on a sandbox. Trust me, I scoured Ebay, Craigslist and many other venues...hoping to find a cheap sandbox for the boys. I had almost gotten to the point of caving ...and spending $ we don't have. However, I had seen a sign for a neighborhood garage sale that was being held this morning. The sale started at 8:00 am. I was out the door by 7:15...(had to use up part of my Starbucks gift card....) I had prayed that God would help me find a sandbox. I drove into the neighborhood. Took my first left....stopped at the first house...and there it was....a purple dinosaur sandbox...complete with a broken lid! I was beside myself happy! I walked up and asked how much....FIVE DOLLARS! Yes...you read that right 5 DOLLARS! I was so excited I was shaking.


I put the treasure in the back of the Rodeo...stopped by ACE and got some sand....and rushed home. What an absolute BLAST the boys had today! God is sooooo good. He cares about the little details in our lives. I thought of the verse that says..."if you then who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to His Children.." How He delights in us.....How awesome is that! Enjoy His gifts today....in a purple Dinosaur way....

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow, how awesome!! I'm so glad you found a cheap sand box. I know how long you've been talking about it!! YEAH!