Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Tonsilliectomy and the unending requests....

JD got his tonsils out on the 26th. It's been a s-l-o-w recovery. Poor little guy. He's still on pain meds every 4 hours. I just feel bad for the kid. He has no clue what has happened. He just knows is "Froat" hurts. He's been unexpectedly bossy. He wants a blue Popsicle..not a yellow one. He wants it in a cup...smashed into juice. He wants ice...chopped of course and he wants to eat it with a fork. He wants a long fork, not a short one. He likes milkshakes in his purple cup, with the lid on. He wants his blue "fire" (pacifier) not his orange one. He wants to sleep on the bean bag in the living room... He wants to watch the Disney Movie "Atlantis" pretty much exclusively. (Though we've gone to the library and blockbuster to try to get his attention to something else).
I can tell by the bags under his eyes, and the lack of energy that he feels horrible. So, I acquiesce to his requests. I know that these days will pass and I will have my bundle of energy back. So, I take a deep breath and know that some of these requests come out of a fog of pain...and I give to him what I can...
I have wondered how often God puts up with the same things from me.... "I want such and such...but I want it here...not there.... I want a house..but in this neighborhood...with this....and on it goes. In his love and patience God gives to me...again and again. He never tires of giving good things to his children....Thank you Lord...please give me your strength and eyes as I take care of my hurting child....

No comments: