Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Coffee and the still small voice

I woke up this morning to get Caleb ready for school. He attends a special speech delay class on Mondays and Wednesdays at a local grade school. We live far enough away from the school that they bus him. It's actually quite cute to see him struggle to get up the stairs on the bus. He's only 3, and is really little for his age...and they send a full sized bus to pick him up!
Anyway, the bus driver is an elderly gentleman who is full of smiles and knows Caleb by name. I've noticed that he always has a coffee cup in hand (my kind of person). So, this morning I woke up and had the thought... "I think I should take a fresh pot of coffee out to the bus this morning and see if he needs a refill" This is not a normal thought, so I guessed it must be from God. So, I got up, fixed a pot of coffee and took it out to him. Wouldn't you know it, his coffee cup was empty, and he was really excited to have a fresh cup.
I don't know why God prompted me to do that, but I was really excited about it. It really is fun when you listen to that "still small voice..."
This is a video of the bus driver carrying Caleb to the bus on his first day this past December.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's cool. Way to go listening to His voice within!

Alysa said...

See, this is why we blog - those every day things bring us just a little bit closer to the Lord. Loved this blog - and, loved the video clip ... and, love that your heart wants to follow the Lord's promting. I'm tellin' ya, we've got to have a visit - you're my kind of gal. And, by the way, just read a bit more of your profile and LOVE Beth Moore studies, too. I've heard her Daniel study is awesome - i plan to get it next and do it on my own if I can't find someone around here to do it with. I'm currently doing a study by James MacDonald (Gripped by the Greatness of God) -- i plan to do a blog on it soon - really am learning a lot from it. Hugs, Alysa

My Daily Circus said...

ahh connie, that is precious! thanks for that story really!

leigh ann said...

good girl taking care of your bus driver. and for listening and doing when you knew it was God saying to. my friends and i like to take care of our bus driver too...

billy said...

great to "see" you again too, Connie! thanks for the blog comment - i'll add this one to my favorites. wow, you've certainly been adding to the quiver recently! congratulations on the full house. tell Monty i said hello...

bn

Jill said...

what a nice story...we have a great bus driver for our Katie too -- he only drives for special kids which in and of itself requires a special person -- I'll have to "listen" and see if I'm prompted to take a fresh pot out to the bus, too :) Thanks for being an encouragement through your story.