Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Jesus?

I just laid Caleb down in his bed. He sat up and pointed at the rocking chair in his room and said..." Jesus?"
I know that he means he wants to be held and rocked. So, I scoop him and his "gankie" (blanket) up and we go sit down in the rocker. As I sing "Jesus Loves Me", I can feel his body begin to relax. His breathing gets more rythmical. He snuggles up against me and I keep singing...
"...Yes, Jesus loves me...the Bible tells me so..."

I cradle him in my arms and slowly carry him to his bed. His eyes are closed....and the last word to come out of his sleepy mouth...while pointing with a small little finger is.... "Jesus?"..... and He falls asleep.

What a great picture. Jesus longs to hold us...to cradle us...to keep us safe and give us rest. "Jesus?"....
"Yes my child ....I love you.....now rest....."

Come unto me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest....

1 comment:

Rachel said...

AHHH, I love this entry!! He was so adorable in the car today, I know he was sick but I just wanted to give him a great big bear hug!
I hope the Johnson family gets lots of rest this weekend and gets well very soon!! Call me if you need anything-
Love ya,
Rachel