Friday, February 15, 2008

Dating

It's 6:04 PM and the house is quiet. Not an ordinary occurance. My wonderful friends Jasmine and Rex have taken ALL THREE of our boys for the night. Monty and I get to go out to dinner and then we are actually staying in a motel overnight. The last time the two of us got away for a night was August of 2006. I think it's time. I'm really looking forward to being just "us" for 24 whole hours.

I'm sure my boys will have fun. Jasmine and Rex have 5 kids of thier own. So, thier house will be full of 8 children....6 and under. I hope they can get some sleep tonight. JD has been soooo excited all week about this night. He told me that he didn't think we would have as much fun as he was going to have at his friends house. I beg to differ.

So...now I need to go pack our bags and get out of my "Mom" clothes (long sleeve t shirt and jeans) and into my "going on a date" clothes. It's so easy to forget I'm a wife and not just a Mom. I'm so greatful for the chance to just be "me" tonight. Thanks Lord for providing for every detail of this weekend.

2 comments:

Paige said...

So glad you got to get away. The last time in August 06 was much deserved, but I am sure things are much brighter in your world now. You guys are awesome.

My Daily Circus said...

soo how was it! glad you could get some date time in...much needed sanity time! hugs Tam