Saturday, July 26, 2008

So much to be Thankful for

Our 1994 Chevy Tahoe has had some issues. Mind you, the car was a gift to us, and for that we are continually thankful. However, it has had some radiator issues. Monty has been adding fluid before work everyday and I believe he's been adding some before he returns home. Not good. Monty is a wonderful man, who can fix anyone's jewelry or paintball gun pretty much blindfolded. However, he will admit to anyone, he is not a great "car guy". His schedule and our budget have just not allowed us to get it fixed.




Today, two guys from our Sunday School Class (err, I mean, Adult Bible Fellowship Class) came over with tools in hand. They took the old radiator out and were just about to leave to go get a new radiator, when Jake asked me if I had the receipt for the broken radiator (it was only two years old). We are not the greatest "receipt keepers" in the world, but I went to look for it. Lo and behold...I found it. It was in a file labeled "car stuff"...very professional don't you think? Because of that piece of paper, the radiator was replaced for FREE! That is a savings of $200+. Jake and Dewayne had the Tahoe up and running. I fed them pizza, which seems like a small payment for such a big job! Thank you guys...you are a true blessing us!


My other exciting news is after searching for an outdoor toy box in countless garage sales, I found one yesterday! I drove up to this sale yesterday and spotted the absolute perfect toy box. It was full of random toys that were labeled "free". I asked the gentleman if the toy box was for sale. He said... "If you take the toys in the toy box, I'll give it to you for $10". No joke! So, I handed over the said $10, loaded up the toy box and drove home. My boys were ecstatic to browse through a toy box full of new treasures. (I tossed a bunch of them when the boys went to bed..)


So, all that to say that God is so good. He really is "Jehovah Jirah"...my provider! He takes care of our needs and even a few of our wants along the way.


Thank you Lord for your continual hand in our lives. Thanks for friends who sacrifice their time on a hot July Saturday , thanks for a new toy box for the back yard. You are so good to us...






3 comments:

Kristi Bowers said...

Thank you for your prayers for my Kaleb. I agree, Caleb's/Kaleb's are strong....looking forward to getting to know you better and hope to see you tomorrow!

Marsha said...

Hi Connie,

I still check your blog now and then!
I hope all is well, I am feeling the Grad school/work crunch, and tired all the time as well...you guys hang in there...It will come to Pass! Our Boys are getting so big...I'll
try and send some pics
Luv, Marsha

Jill said...

Awesome, Connie. I truly believe that God rewards our patience and will guide us even to the right garage sale when necessary. Enjoy your new treasures (and a fixed-up vehicle.) How amazing :)