Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm back









Hello All...no I did not fall off the face of the earth. I am still here. It has been a crazy past month, full of traveling, family and friends. On June 26th, the boys and I headed towards Denver to help throw a 40th Wedding Anniversary party for my folks. I survived the 800 mile trip with the boys ALONE...thank you very much. They actually are good travelers. Monty flew in on the 5th of July and was able to be there for the open house on the 6th of July.


The Open House was such a great time. It was a fun way for my sisters and I to honor our folks. The three of us have not been together for a very long time. (Cari, my youngest sister, lives in San Diego. Christy and her family live in Denver. So, getting us all in one geographical location is not easy. Cari got to meet Nathan for the first time! ) We had about 75 people turn out for the event. It was really a testimony to their faithfulness to Christ and to each other.


We arrived home on the 9th of July. I've honestly had a bit of a rough time getting back in the swing of things. It seems like the laundry would not quit, and I was more crabby than normal. I'm not sure what that was all about. I feel like I'm coming out of the post vacation fog and putting one foot in front of the other.


Monty is really swamped and work and trying to do Grad School work and National Guard and be a husband and Father....you might pray for him. He's stretched really thin right now. He's so tired all of the time. I'm actually pretty concerned for him. I'm trying to do all I can to not put things on his plate, because his is so full. I keep reminding myself that this is a "season".




Anyway..the kids are all napping (praise the Lord.) and I need to go get some things done..and spend time with God. Wait...don't I have the order reversed on that?



6 comments:

José Pavón said...

PRIMERO DE TODO QUIERO QUE MEDIGAS SI ESTOY IMBITADO ACOMER
ES QUE MAS ALLAMADO LA TENCIÓN
LACOMIDA QUE LOPASAIS BIEN Y BUEN PROVECHO GRACIAS.

Anonymous said...

oh connie! so glad you are back! looks like a great time! Lov Tammy

Unknown said...

Glad to see you're back! Great pictures!!! I hear ya on the back into life thing. I always have a hard time when we get back from our trips. I'll pray your transition goes well!
i'll need prayer from you when we get back from GA in like 3 weeks :)

Jill said...

Glad you're back! Way to go driving 800 miles with the boys -- awesome! That takes a lot...so kudos to you. Glad you had a great time with your family!

Sarah said...

Welcome back. I understand about trying to support a husband stretched too thin. It makes it hard on us too, because then we get stretched too thin. It is a season, though. Yeah for strong mommys!!

Kristi Bowers said...

Thank you for posting on my blog! I hope you don't mind but I put you on my friends list on the side of my blog. I am excited to get to know you better!
Thanks for the prayers for Kaleb