Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pray for Robyn

I'm writing tonight on behalf of my dear friend Robyn. A few short weeks ago, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Robyn's Mom died of breast cancer when Robyn was a young child. So, you can imagine that this is a very frightening time for her and her family. Tomorrow morning, she is having surgery. They are going to do a bi-lateral mastectomy. Which means, they are removing both her breasts. She'll have reconstructive surgery, but as you can well imagine, this is going to be a difficult surgery physically, psychologically and emotionally.

I've known Robyn since our freshman year at Moody. (way back in 1989). We were in each others weddings and have remained in contact for years. (The picture to the above is from my wedding...)She and her husband Dave and their two young daughters live in Chicago. David and Robyn are doing OK, but it's been quite a shock and a lot to deal with in a short amount of time.


Please keep them in your prayers. They are clinging to the Lord and trusting Him, which has already been a witness to many. I'll keep you updated as I know how things are going, I just thought I would send this out to my fellow prayer warriors. Thank you so much.



1 comment:

leigh ann said...

let us know how she does...