Saturday, February 17, 2007

Empty Laundry Basket


My major quest this week was to conquer the Laundry Monster. It had stealthily crept up on me until it threatened to be my undoing. It's amazing how much laundry 5 people can create. I unfortuanantly am very good at washing and drying the laundry, but not so much the putting away. The clean laundry has a habit of sitting on the love seat, waiting for Mary Poppins to float in on her umbrella, snap her fingers' and with a sweet spoonful of sugar, send the laundry flying obediantly to the appropriate drawers and closests. Much to my chagrin, Mary Poppins does not live here. However, I am happy to report that the last load is in the dryer and everything else is put away.

My walk with God can be like that. So many days, I ignore him. I pass by my Bible hoping that some of it's wisdom will just "fly into me" by some form of spiritual osmosis. I don't do what I need to, and I get cluttered on the inside. I frantically try to sort out everything, to keep myself together. Instead of making progress, I just seem to make a bigger mess. It's then that I realize that without my time with God...I'm just heaping up laundry (so to speak). When I spend that time with him...He tends to clean things out. He takes out the self imposed clutter..and fills my "basket" with the eternal. Things that can't be seen. For, it's when we empty ourselves, that we have room for him.

1 comment:

Kacey said...

oh Connie... stop it...you're leaking wisdom.... :)