Sunday, September 14, 2008

Saved by Love

I love my boys.   They are amazing little gifts.  I am so greatful for the time God has given us with each of them.  However, in the midst of having a 2, 3 and 4 year old, I'm tired.  I'm flat out exhausted.  I want to be the best wife and mother that I can be. I've only got one shot at this.  It's just hard sometimes.  I've been struggling lately.  I'm easily annoyed and frustrated.  This is not who I am.  It's not who I want to be.  It's just a tiring season.  I want to raise these boys up to love and serve the Lord.  I desire for them to fall in love with Jesus and to be great men of God.  I need refreshing.  I need to know I'm doing a good job.  I don't want to fail at the greatest oppourtunity God has given me.  

I think sometimes when the day is over, the toys are picked up, the dishes done and the house is quiet is when I feel the most overwhelmed and relieved all at once.  It's a strange emotion.  I can't really explain it.  Maybe other of you stay at home Moms know what I mean.  Its at these moments when I truly need to cling to my Father in heaven.  He knows what I can handle.  He knows where my breaking points are.  He knows what I need.  The rest I desire is not just physical, it's emotional and spiritual as well.  Lord...help me on this road of Motherhood, to be who you want me to be.  Nothing more, nothing less.  



3 comments:

Marsha said...

Hang in there! I know how you feel and I am working outside of the home. The boys are in constant motion until bedtime. It's funny a lot of moms feel this way, we talked about in in our womens study today, don't think you are the only one feels like that. Keep asking the lord to give you the strength to get through this season...he will hear you, and I will pray that he brings you strength and refreshment.

P.S. I love your blog, and I'm always checking it. I feel like I get to keep up on you guys even though we are really really far away!
Luv,
Marsha

Kristi Bowers said...

Praying for you...it gets easier, then when the kids are in school, you will long for those crazy days back at home....I do! on a different note....YEAH supper club, If I read it right, we are in the same one? Let us know what to do!!!

Sarah said...

Okay. You are not alone. Far from it. And you ARE doing an amazing job. The boys don't just turn around and say, "That was a good catch, Mom. We'll be better off because of your consistency. Good job." Wouldn't it boost us up if they did? But, they will love the Lord, because you are faithful to Him and them. I love you, dear.